Mandatory Immigration Check-in SessionsThe International Immigration Check-in is a mandatory session that ensures that you are checked-in and verified for United States Immigration purposes. It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in Honolulu in time to attend the check-in session in the semester that you will begin your studies. Only absences with documentation (e.g. exam scheduled, still completing a course, doctor's note) will be accepted.
|Immigration Check In For||Date||Time|
|Wednesday, January 13, 2016||9:30am|
(Visiting & Exchange Students)
|Thursday, January 14, 2016||9:30am|
Reservations are required for undergraduate students, who will receive an email invitation to their preferred email account or who can click one of the links above. If you do not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in signing up for a check-in session. Plan ahead and allow extra time to complete your testing, advising, and registration needs. We recommend that students also schedule time before or after the check-in to purchase books, apply for a student I.D., purchase a bus pass, and pay for tuition because the HPU campus gets busier the week following check-in as continuing students return to campus .
Must Bring: your passport and original I-20/DS-2019 with you to the check-in session, and have your current local (Hawai'i) address with you. If you are staying at a hotel or hostel, or with friends and family, then make sure you know that address.
At the check-in session, you will also be provided with other important/helpful information such as:
- Where to go for tuberculosis (TB) testing
- How to obtain a student ID/state ID
- How to pay your tuition
- How to register for classes
- Where to buy your textbooks and a student bus pass
- What student life has to offer (clubs and events at HPU)
- Housing options that are still available
- All about immigration matters (I-20, visa, etc)
- Connect with other new international students, current HPU students, and HPU staff members
To find your way around campus, you can view our campus map online.
- Degree seeking students who are required to take a placement test can do this right after the check-in session or can schedule an appointment. (Pencils will be provided. Allow 1 1/2 hours for the math test.)
- You can participate in one of the campus tours offered for new students. Click here for more details.