Mandatory Immigration Check-in SessionsThe International Immigration Check-in is a mandatory session that ensures that you are checked-in and verified for United States Immigration purposes. It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in Honolulu in time to attend the check-in session in the semester that you will begin your studies at HPU. Only absences with documentation (e.g. exam scheduled, still completing a course, doctor's note) will be accepted. After you arrive, the first thing you must do is attend the mandatory Immigration Check-in session.
|Immigration Check In For||Date||Time|
(Degree Seeking Graduate Students)
|Thursday, August 21, 2015||1:30pm|
(Visiting and Exchange Graduate Students)
|Friday, August 22, 2015||1:30pm|
(Degree Seeking Undergraduate Students)
|Tuesday, August 25, 2015||TBA|
(Visiting and Exchange Undergraduate Students)
|Monday, August 24, 2015||TBA|
Reservations are required for undergraduate students, who will each receive an email invitation to their preferred email account. If you do not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in signing up for a check-in session. Plan ahead and allow extra time to complete your testing, advising, and registration needs. We recommend that students also schedule time before or after the check-in to purchase books, apply for a student I.D., purchase a bus pass, and pay for tuition because the HPU campus gets busier the week following check-in as continuing students return to campus .
Must Bring: Please bring your passport and original I-20/DS-2019 with you to the check-in session, and have your current local (Hawai'i) address with you. If you are staying at a hotel or hostel, or with friends and family, then make sure you know that address.
At the check-in session, you will also be provided with other important/helpful information such as:
- Where to go for TB testing
- How to obtain a student ID/state ID
- How to pay your tuition
- How to register for classes
- Where to buy your textbooks and a student bus pass
- What student life has to offer (clubs and events at HPU)
- Housing options that are still available
- All about immigration matters (I-20, visa, etc)
- Connect with other new international students, current HPU students, and HPU staff members
To find your way around campus, you can view our campus map online.
- Degree seeking students who are required to take a placement test can do this right after the check-in session or can schedule an appointment. (Pencils will be provided. Allow 1 1/2 hours for the math test.)
- You can participate in one of the campus tours offered for new students. Click here for more details.