International Undergraduate Admissions

International Admission

Contact us

Experience HPU

Quynh Dao

BA in International Business


One thing that I really like about HPU is how small the classes are so I have a good chance to have personal interaction with both my peers and professors. The small class sizes also help me feel less intimidated and more comfortable when speaking in front of other people.


Study Opportunities for International Students

Hawai'i Pacific University (HPU) offers degree programs (Bachelor's, Master programs),  English Language Programs, as well as short-term, non-degree study programs (Study Abroad Program, Exchange Program, International Bridge Program). To learn more about these programs you may click on the program of interest below.

Undergraduate | Study Abroad | Summer | Graduate | ELS | Exchange | Transfer | Returning Student


Undergraduate (Bachelor's) Programs

The University offers 50 programs at the bachelor's degree (undergraduate) level. All of HPU's bachelor's degrees can be completed in three to four years, depending upon the initiative of the student. Students entering HPU with prior college education or high school graduates receiving an IB, taking AP credits, or graduating with the German Abitur or the Swiss Matura may be eligible for transfer credit towards their bachelor's degree at HPU.  More....

Majors We Offer
How to Apply

Study Abroad (Short-Term, Non-Degree) Program

The Study Abroad at Hawai'i Pacific University Program was created for students who want to spend one or two semesters in an inviting, international environment.  Applicants must have at least a High School diploma or its equivalent. Most applicants are already enrolled at a university in their home country; however, an agreement between your home university and Hawai`i Pacific University is not required. More....

How to Apply

Summer Sessions (May-August)

Hawai'i Pacific University (HPU) offers hundreds of courses each summer from May through September for students who want to study during summer only, as well as for students who want to begin, or accelerate, a degree program.  More.... 

 How to Apply

Graduate (Masters) Programs

Hawai'i Pacific University offers 12 master's (graduate) degrees, 11 joint master's degree programs and 22 graduate certificate programs. Students with a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent may apply for graduate studies. More....

How to Apply


ELS Programs

Hawai'i Pacific University proudly offers English language programs through the ELS Language Center located on our downtown campus. The ELS Center offers 12 levels of college preparatory English language courses. Students can fulfill the HPU English requirement by completing ELS level 112. Students may concurrently enroll in HPU programs while in levels 110, 11 and 112.

More About ELS Programs
How to Apply

Exchange Programs

Hawai'i Pacific University is proud to offer exchange programs through our affiliations with partner schools. Exchange students may study at HPU for one or two semesters. HPU tuition is waived for exchange students.

 Participants are responsible for the cost of transportation, visa application, room and board, health insurance  and personal expensesetc.  Participants may have to pay tuition rates to their home institution.  More....

How to Apply

Transfer Student

International Students transferring from a U.S. institution apply as transfer students. Students with previous studies at educational institutions outside of the U.S. may qualify to receive transfer credit at HPU. HPU will evaluate post-high school studies completed outside of the U.S. on a case-by-case basis. More....

How to Transfer

Returning Student

Do you want to return to Hawai`i Pacific University to complete your degree after taking a break from your studies?  Students who have not been enrolled at HPU, and have left the United States, for 5 months or longer must request a new I-20 before returning to school.

More About this Option
How to Apply

Whom Should I contact?

If you have a specific question about programs at HPU or how to apply, please contact us. 

back to top