International Undergraduate Admissions

International Admissions

Contact us

Natascha Ometto

General Business


One of the best things about HPU is the Career Services Center, which I find is very useful. They assist students with getting internships and finding business contacts. They also set up meetings with well-known companies who need new employees so I could meet with business people face-to-face. I got an internship at Sheraton Waikiki as the Front Office Manager, which was a good experience for me because Hawaii has the best travel industry in the world.


Students Returning After a Leave of Absence

Do you want to return to Hawai`i Pacific University to complete your degree after taking a break from your studies?  Students who have not been enrolled at HPU, and have left the United States, for 5 months or longer must request a new I-20 before returning to school.  The process of applying for and receiving your new I-20 is simple; however, following the guidelines below and beginning well in advance of the semester for which you will re-enroll will help make the process go smoothly.

Please note that if you were absent for less than 5 moths, please contact International Student Services for more information.

Applying for a new I-20

  • In order to receive a new I-20, you will need to resubmit a new Statement of Financial Sponsorship Form (Degree seeking or Visiting) and original financial/bank document, which verifies proof of financial support from you or your sponsor. Please refer to the following link for the latest tuition and I-20 total for the academic year:  Please also note that the original bank document(s) should be no more than six months old.

  • Be sure to indicate your full legal name as shown on your passport, and include your permanent address in your country, a valid phone number where we can reach you and a note about your intended return date and semester.  If you have any updated or new transcripts you may include them as well.

Please mail all forms and supporting documents to:

International Admissions
Returning Student
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop St #1100
Honolulu, HI 96813 USA


Other Important Information to consider:
  • Students must apply for a new visa stamp in their passport even if they have an unexpired visa stamp. Immigration regulations state that students who have been out of the U.S. for more than 5 months automatically invalidate their visa stamp.

If you have any questions about receiving a new I-20 or about the process of returning to HPU please contact us!

International Student Services
Tel: +1 808-356-5299
Fax: +1 808-543-8065