International Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Here at Hawai'i Pacific University, we have a rolling admission process, which means there are no set deadlines to submit admissions documents and that applications are reviewed throughout the year. In order to ensure adequate time for evaluation and correspondence however, it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted early.
For information about our offered majors and programs, click here.
Not a new, degree-seeking undergraduate student? Find information regarding your admissions and application requirements by clicking on the appopriate link:
|UNDERGRADUATE (FRESHMEN/TRANSFER) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All documents (except online application) can be submitted either by post to the Office of International Admissions (1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1100, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 - U.S.A.) or electronically to email@example.com.
1. Online Undergraduate Application or Common Application - includes $50 non-refundable application fee.
- For a complete list of accepted payment options, please click here.
2. Academic transcript(s)
- Unofficial transcripts can be accepted for admissions purposes, however official transcripts must be received prior to a student's registration for classes.
- Transcripts must be submitted both in the native language and in an official English language translation.
- First-time freshmen are expected to have the American equivalent of at least a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale (approximately 65%) in their secondary (senior or high school) education.
- Students who have taken Advanced Placement Examinations (AP) of the College Board or the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program will be accepted with above average scores (AP grades higher than 3 and IB scores higher than 4) and should have the results forwarded to the Office of International Admissions. These results will be evaluated not only for admission, but also for proper advanced standing and/or credit from HPU.
3. Proof of English proficiency
- For a list of tests (and associated scores) accepted by HPU, along with a list of reasons for exemption from this requirement, click here.
- Students who have not met the minimum English requirement for HPU admissions may seek to enroll at the university's affiliated ELS Language Center program. To learn more, click here.
4. Copy of your passport's biographical (photo) page
- If you are living in the United States, please also submit a copy of your current visa and/or I-20/DS-2019.
5. Statement of Financial Sponsorship (SFS) form
6. Bank Statement (or Government Sponsorship Letter)
- An official bank statement showing that you (or your sponsor) have an account which holds sufficient funds to cover the total estimated costs must accompany the SFS form.
*Additional documentation may be required, as situations and requirements can vary from student to student. You will be contacted should any additional documentation be required.
back to top
|ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
International transfer students are those who come to HPU from other regionally accredited colleges or universities. To be considered for transfer admission to HPU, transfer students need to have at least 24 credits/semester hours of college level, academic coursework from an accredited institution. These students require additional documentation to be submitted along with those listed above:
7. Course descriptions
- If you are transferring from a non-U.S university, you must provide an official description of each course in English to have your coursework formally evaluated for transfer credit. Without course descriptions, you will not receive transfer credit.
8. High school transcript(s)
- If you are a transfer student with less than 24 credits/semester hours of university level credit, you will need to submit your high school (secondary) transcript(s) in addition to your university transcript(s).
Additional information for international transfer students, including how to transfer currently held SEVIS records from inside the U.S., can be found here.
Note: Transfer students should also check with the institution they are attending or have attended to see if there is already an articulation agreement with HPU (formal transfer agreement) in place.
back to top
Hawaii Pacific University
1164 Bishop Street, Suite #1100
Honolulu, HI 96813 USA
Tel: +1 (808) 544-0238
Fax: +1 (808) 543-8065