International Undergraduate Admissions

International Admission

ELS Brochures

Contact us


Mathieu Milani

B.A. in Environmental Studies


There were many universities to choose from for my major but I chose to come to HPU because it was the best choice for me. This is my first time studying abroad for a lengthy period of time and I chose HPU because of its great reputation, environment and for the way that the Environmental Studies program allows students to study a mix of both science and business.


ELS Language Center at Hawai'i Pacific University

ELS Language Centers (ELS) have been providing their intensive English training, semi-intensive English training, and their American Explorer program on our downtown Honolulu campus since June 2, 2008. ELS is the international leader in academic English-language preparation and operates more than 45 centers throughout the United States, most of which are located on college campuses. They offer three programs, Intensive (30 lessons per week), Semi Intensive (20 lessons per week), and American Explorer (15 lessons per week), that are organized into 4-week sessions. Four weeks are required to complete each level in the ELS 12-level curriculum. ELS's 12-level program ranges from absolute beginner to the highly advanced level needed for university entry.

Completion of level 112 of the ELS intensive program will satisfy Hawaii Pacific University's English requirement. We will offer "conditional letters of admission" for all students who meet our academic requirements but have not yet satisfied our minimum English requirement.*

ELS students are integrated into Hawaii Pacific University's student life experience, providing students the opportunity to make friends with American and other international students from the moment you arrive, so that by the time you are ready to matriculate into full-time study at Hawaii Pacific University, you will be fully oriented and prepared for your Hawaii Pacific University education.

*Students who do not meet Hawaii Pacific University’s English requirement and which to complete an ELS program will need to apply to both, the ELS Language Center and Hawaii Pacific University.