19 National and International Honor Societies
HPU is pleased to recognize its Honors Societies which are found within the various university academic disciplines. Each society has its own set of by-laws and application requirements. New members who qualify are inducted normally once per semester. Each society conducts an initiation ceremony to welcome new members. Please note that there are a few honor societies that accept students only once per year.
Any student found in violation of the academic integrity policy is not permitted to apply to be a member of any Honor Society. Please refer to the student handbook regarding examples of and further information about academic dishonesty. Students who applied to each Honor Society will not be considered for any Honor Society.
Alpha Chi, Chi Alpha Sigma, and Sigma Theta Tau are by invitation only. If you should meet the requirements an invitation regarding membership will be sent to you from the faculty advisors.
Once you are accepted into an honor society, you do not have to reapply every semester.
The next round of applications will open in the Fall 2016. Late applications or extensions will not be permitted.
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society (All Academic Fields)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta National Honor Society (Pre-Health)
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society (First-Year Students)
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society (Adult Students)
- Beta Beta Beta National Honor Society (Biological Sciences)
- Chi Alpha Sigma National Honor Society (College Athletes) *Spring Only
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society (Business Administration)
- Kappa Mu Epsilon National Honor Society (Mathematics)
- Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society (Communication)
- Mu Kappa Tau (Marketing)
- Phi Alpha National Honor Society (Social Work)
- Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society (History)
- Pi Lambda Theta (Education)
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society (Diplomacy & Military Studies, International Relations/Studies, Political Science)
- Psi Chi International Honor Society (Psychology)
- Sigma Delta Pi National Honor Society (Spanish)
- Sigma Tau Delta International Honor Society (English)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (Nursing)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon International Honor Society (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems)