Beta Beta Beta National Honor Society
Purpose: improving the understanding and appreciation of biological study and extending boundaries of human knowledge through scientific research.
Eligible associate membership candidates must:
- Be a biological science major (biology, biochemistry, environmental sciences, marine biology, nursing, oceanography,Master of Science in Marine Science, Master of Science in Nursing, Pre-PT or Pre-Chiro)
- Currently enrolled at Hawai‘i Pacific University. An undeclared major would be sufficient if currently taking an appropriate BIOL Lecture course.
Eligible regular membership candidates must:
- Be at least a second-semester sophomore (40+ credits towards degree) who is a biological science major (biology, biochemistry, environmental sciences, marine biology, nursing, oceanography, Master of Science in Marine Science, Master of Science in Nursing, Pre-PT, or Pre-Chiro).
- Have completed at least three term lecture courses in biological science (BIOL designated lecture course; courses taken at other schools will be taken into consideration if listed in the official student transcripts), of which at least one is not an introductory course (BIOL 1000 or its equivalent).
- Have an average grade of B (3.0 GPA) in all BIOL lecture courses
Optional requirement: Eligible regular membership candidates should already be associate members of Tri-Beta.
Regular Membership Fee
Associate Membership Fee
HPU membership fee (induction ceremony, honor cords, events, etc.)
($10 additional upon qualifying for regular membership if already an associate member)
Membership fee of $60 (Regular) or $50 (Associate) to be paid upon notification of acceptance.
Regalia: Green and Red Cords
Honor Society Advisor: Allison Bachlet (firstname.lastname@example.org)