HPU 2013 Capstone Symposium
April 25, 2013 09:00 AM - April 25, 2013 01:30 PM
Location: Frear Center
Event Type: Student Presentations
HPU students and faculty, student families, potential employers and community members are invited to see presentations by HPU undergraduate students on their Capstone experiences, which may include their achievement portfolio, senior project, thesis, practicum, internship, field experience, co-op experience or clinical assignment.
Students will showcase work on their capstone projects, theses, and fieldwork in Anthropology, Biology, Biochemistry, Business, English, Environmental Studies, History, Computer Sciences, Human and Health Sciences, International Relations, Marine Biology, Multimedia, Political Sciences, Psychology, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
The Capstone Symposium promotes academic excellence, learning with real-world purposes, interdisciplinary exchanges, and HPU-community connection.
The Capstone Symposium provides presenters opportunities to:
- share what they have accomplished in their degree program
- showcase their competency, creativity, and innovation in certain areas
- relate discipline-specific learning outcomes to real world applications
- link their knowledge and abilities to future employment or higher education
- substantiate professional development and achievement
The Capstone Symposium enables the audience to learn about
- what HPU students can accomplish by the time they graduate
- what different degree programs can offer
- how HPU contributes to the local community and the worlld
Prizes will be awarded to the top three in oral presentations and poster/multimedia presentations.