Policy on Graduation Ceremony Tickets
- Guest seating tickets are distributed by HPU for guests of graduates who are walking in the ceremony. They are free and the number distributed is dependent on the number of walking graduates. Tickets may not be resold. Guest seating is open. Due to University policy, tickets may be distributed to the students only, not their friends or family members. Tickets are not mailed.
- Each walking graduate will be issued six (6) guest tickets reserved under your name when you pick up your cap and gown at the Downtown HPU Bookstore, 1132 Bishop St., Suite 120. If you do not need all your tickets, please return them to the bookstore staff for redistribution to students who may need more.
- To ensure proper controls, tickets will only be distributed through the Downtown Bookstore. They cannot be sent to another campus for pickup there. For your convenience, the Downtown Bookstore will be open on Saturday, May 11, from 9 a.m. to noon and on Monday, May 13, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you are unable to get to the Downtown Bookstore prior to the ceremony, your tickets will be available at the Will Call table at the Blaisdell Arena from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Students who need more than the allotted tickets can request to be put on a wait list at the Downtown Bookstore (808-544-0290). They will start accepting names on April 15. The number of additional tickets will be limited and will be equally divided amongst those on the wait list. For example, if there are 100 extra tickets and 55 people are requesting extra tickets, then the first 45 names on the list will get 2 tickets (if they need that many) and the remaining 10 will get 1 ticket each. You will be contacted on Tuesday, May 14, with the number of tickets being held for you and can pick them up at the Downtown HPU Bookstore on Wednesday, May 15, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. If they are not picked up on Wednesday, they will be redistributed on the day of the ceremony on a first–come, first-served basis
- If all the extra tickets are not distributed on Wednesday, the bookstore may have a very limited number on the ceremony day which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from 8 a.m. to noon. Any remaining tickets will be available at the Blaisdell Arena from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., but sufficient quantities for your guests are not guaranteed. Your best chance to receive extra tickets is to request to be put on the wait list for the Wednesday bookstore distribution.
- Everyone, children included, will need a ticket for entry into the Blaisdell Arena. Tickets are not needed for the Meet-and-Greet in the Exhibition Hall following the ceremony.
(Updated January 29, 2013)
For more information, contact:
Hawai'i Pacific University
Marketing and Communication | Graduation Ceremony
Jessica Walz, University Events Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / (808) 687-7039