Traveling to HPU
Whether you are from out-of-state or resident of Hawaii, it is important to plan ahead and make sure all your transportation needs are addressed. Below is a list of resources to make your travels to Honolulu, HI and HPU smoother. We look forward to your arrival!
Hotel and Temporary Accommodations Guide
A wide range of hotel options exist for students and families to consider. The University provides this information solely to assist students/families who are unfamiliar with Hawaii and Waikiki. This list is not all-inclusive, and the University does not endorse any hotel/apartment listed herein, nor has there been any official inspection of the facilities. Students can always ask if the hotel offers a student discount.
- Aqua Hotels and Resorts - Aqua is a proud official sponsor of HPU Athletics. Visit https://book.aquaresorts.com/ or call 1-808-943-9291 or toll free at 1-866-406-2782. Make sure to ask about the HPU rates. Corporate Code: HPU for 15% off rooms; Code HPUAD for 50% off parking.
- Courtyard by Marriott - The Courtyard Waikiki Beach offers a special negotiated for rate for HPU Friends & Family. Visit the www.marriott.com to allow for online bookings. Use promotional code: PNS. Rates subject to availability.
- Aston Hotels - The Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel is located next to the HPU Downtown Campus. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel also offers corporate rates. Call 1-808-924-2924 and ask for the ACT Rate to make reservations.
Students arriving on a limited budget who have not found a permanent home for the school year might consider a hostel or the local YMCA for a short-term stay.
- Waikiki Beachside Hostel
- Hosteling International
- YMCA of Honolulu - Nu'uanu Branch
- YMCA of Honolulu - Central Branch
Hawaiian Airlines Affiliate Program
Staff, faculty, students, and family and friends of Hawai'i Pacific University are now able to utilize the Hawaiian Airlines Affiliate Program. Special fares are offered to people who use the Hawaiian Airlines Affiliate website. Use program code: HPU.
HPU is pleased to assist our students with shuttle transportation from the Honolulu International Airport to University housing, downtown or Hawaii Loa campus, Hawaii Student Housing, and Waikiki hotels. Additional airport shuttle information, including how to make a reservation.
Traveling on Oahu
Student travel on Oahu varies by location and personal preference.
- Inter-Campus Shuttle Service - The University provides a shuttle service between its two major campuses, downtown campus and Hawaii Loa campus.
- TheBus - Public transportation on TheBus is a popular option. Many students purchase a semester UPASS from the HPU Bookstore to travel for a discounted rate. For more TheBus Information call (808) 848-5555 or visit www.thebus.org.
Before heading to the Downtown Campus or Hawaii Loa Campus get an idea of the parking options.
- Downtown Campus: A variety of downtown parking options are available through private companies. Rates change, so contact the company directly for current parking fees.
- Hawaii Loa Campus: Purchase a daily pass or a semester parking decal.