Welcome HPU Parents!
Studies show that parent involvement enhances a student’s overall collegiate experience. HPU recognizes the important role parents play in guiding and supporting students and is excited to announce the creation of a Parent Relations Program. The focus of this program is to provide parents with the resources they need to better enable their son/daughter throughout their college years. The Coordinator for Orientation and Parent Relations will also serve as a primary point of contact for HPU families. The Parents Relations Program will provide the following:
- Monthly Parent Newsletters - to receive via e-mail contact email@example.com!
- Point of Contact for Parents
- Facebook Page for HPU Parents to Connect- Join Now!
- Family Calendar and Handbook
- Support on Move-In Day
- Parent Track and Events During New Student Orientation
- Central Website for Parents
- HPU Family Events
- Sea Warrior Family Night
As the program is in the developmental phase, parent input is greatly valued. HPU wants to provide the tools and resources that will best suit our diverse ‘ohana. Help shape this program by providing comments and suggestions to the Coordinator of Orientation and Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (808)-544-1472. Mahalo!
HPU Resources for Families
College is a time of change, excitement, and worry for both students and families. Some students adjust quickly to campus life, while others move at a different pace. Please know that staff and faculty throughout the HPU community are here to assist your students.
- Parent Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips from HPU Students to Parents
- Academic Advising for Parents
- Residence Life Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid and Parent Plus Loans
- Career Services Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- HPU Student Handbook
- Traveling to HPU
- Fall New Student Orientation: Passport Week
- Parent Facebook Group