Orientation Schedule – Transfer Students
Passport Week provides opportunities for new students to meet others, ease your transition to HPU, prepare you for the academic year, and help you become more familiar with the University community. Below is the Fall 2014 orientation schedule for new transfer students.*
New Student Orientation Schedule
Participation at the following events are required.
Tuesday, August 26 – Hawaii Loa Campus
|5:00 p.m.||Transportation to Hawaii Loa Campus from Downtown & Waikiki|
|5:30 p.m.||Orientation Registration Check-In|
|6:00 p.m.||New Student Orientation Kick-Off & Family Reception|
|8:00 p.m.||Return Transportation to Downtown & Waikiki|
Wednesday, August 27 – Downtown Campus
|8:15 a.m.||Transportation to Downtown Campus from Hawaii Loa & Waikiki|
|10:45 a.m.||HPU Experience and Campus Tour|
|12:45 p.m.||Campus Life Expectations|
|1:30 p.m.||Campus Resources and Services|
|3:30 p.m.||College Welcomes|
|6 p.m.||Bus Departure|
Thursday, August 28 – Downtown Campus
|8:45 a.m.||Transportation to Downtown Campus from Hawaii Loa & Waikiki|
|9:30 a.m.||Student Breakout Session I|
|10:10 a.m.||Student Breakout Session II|
|10:50 a.m.||Student Breakout Session III|
|11:30 a.m.||Student Breakout Session IV|
|4 p.m.||Bus Departure|
Passport Week Events
A variety of optional events are available. Students may register separately for these events after registering for New Student Orientation.
- Cosmic Bowling - Thursday, August 28, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Sea Warrior Service Day - Friday, August 29, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Ali‘i Kai Catamaran Sunset Cruise - Friday, August 29, 5:00 – 8:15 p.m. (Additional cost)
- Manoa Falls Scenic Hike - Saturday, August 30, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Additional cost)
- Circle Island Tour - Saturday, August 30, 7:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Additional cost)
* Schedule still subject to change.