Orientation Leaders are role models, student leaders, and resources. They play a critical role in serving new students and their family members. They are the front line staff during orientation to facilitate students’ transition and initiate their integration to the University community. Orientation Leaders provide institutional memory and communicate HPU’s culture and traditions. More information about the position is available below and in the OL Information Packet.
To apply, complete the OL Application Form. Return completed application to the Center for Student Life and First-Year Programs by Wednesday, April 10, 2013 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve as a role model for incoming new students.
- Facilitate small groups during orientation week and address students’ curricular and co-curricular questions and concerns. Mingle with students and family members, and share your HPU experience with new students and their family.
- Foster relationships among new students during all aspects of the program, including small group discussions, meals, information sessions, and evening activities.
- Provide administrative support for the program, including event set up and clean up, information sessions and activities
- Full-time undergraduate student with minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the HPU mission and student experience
- Display strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people (e.g., staff, new students, parents and family members, faculty and staff)
- Knowledge of the various HPU support systems (e.g., departments, people, resources, opportunities, services, and policies) and involved in co-curricular activities
- Arriving or residing in Honolulu during OL Training and New Student Orientation
- Orientation Leader Training and Preparation Dates (attendance required at each)
- Saturday, April 27- 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday, August 26 – 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Tuesday, August 27 – 9:30am to 8:00 pm
- Passport Week: August 28 – August 30, 8 am to 5 pm with one evening or Saturday commitment
- Place: Downtown Campus, HLC, and/or various locations on island
Coordinator, Orientation and Parent Relations
Center for Student Life & First-Year Programs
1188 Fort Street Mall, Suite 105
Phone: (808) 544-1472