Fall New Student Orientation
August 26 to August 30, 2014
Passport Week is an informative and fun-filled week for incoming undergraduate first year and transfer students. We will provide wonderful opportunities to meet others, ease your transition to HPU, prepare you for the academic year, and help you become more familiar with the University community. For additional information on fall orientation, please visit our Frequently Asked Orientation Questions page.
Registration s now closed
Fall 2014 Passport Schedule
The dates for Fall 2014 student orientation are:
- August 26: HPU Kick-Off Reception at Hawai'i Loa Campus, 6-8 PM - REQUIRED
- August 27: Orientation Sessions - REQUIRED
- August 28: Orientation Sessions - REQUIRED
- August 29: Sea Warrior Service Day
- August 28-30: Optional evening activities. Optional activities require pre-registration and/or pre-purchase prior to the start of orientation. Please reserve tickets through the online orientation registration system and the Orientation UStore. Links will be provided once you complete your orientation registration. Spaces are limited for some events.
The Fall 2014 schedule s available here.
Transportation is provided at various times during Passport Week. Refer to the schedule for pick-up and drop-off times and locations. Please be on site at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
Orientation pick-up and drop-off locations:
- Hawaii Loa Campus: Shuttle Stop (45-045 Kamehameha Highway)
- Downtown Campus: Shuttle Stop (corner of Fort Street and Beretania Street)
- Waikiki: Ohana Student Housing (2280 Kuhio Avenue, corner of Kuhio Avenue and Nohonani Street)
The HPU Intercampus Shuttle between the Downtown and Hawaii Loa campuses will run during Passport Week.
A one-time orientation fee of $120.00 will be charged to the university accounts of all new undergraduate, full-time students in August. New freshman and transfer students are required to attend. One guest is included in the orientation fee.
Parents and Family Members
Family Orientation will be held on August 26 and August 27. Parents and family members are welcome to attend orientation, but not required. Attendance at Family Orientation for one guest is included in the student orientation fee. Additional family members may attend Family Orientation, but there is a guest fee of $25.00, ages 12 and over.
Family members should attend sessions based on the needs of the family and student.
Orientation Leaders are returning students who serve as role models, leaders, and resources for new students and their family members.
For more information, contact First-Year Programs at (808) 544-1461, 1-866-CALL-HPU (ext. 12) or email@example.com.