Your decision to make HPU your learning community is an excellent one! In preparation for your arrival and the start of the academic year, use the checklist as a guide to ease your transition to HPU. We are excited you are here, and will be available throughout your first-year.
STEP 1: Complete Pre-Registration Items
- Mail in the "Intent to Enroll" Form and $200 Registration Deposit
Note: Deposit is non-refundable after May 1st for Fall/Summer terms and after December 1st for Winter/Spring terms.
- Submit Official Final Transcripts
- Activate your HPU Pipeline Account
- Finalize Financial Aid, VA Paperwork, and/or Scholarships
- Submit Medical Record Form (Measles Immunizations, TB Clearance, Insurance)
- Find Housing (if applicable)
If you are an International Student, get your Pre-Departure Checklist.
STEP 2: Complete Registration Items
- Read the New Student’s Guide to Registration
- Take your Math and/or English Placement Tests (if applicable)
- Register for Classes with an Academic Advisor
STEP 3: Complete Post-Registration Items
- Register for New Student Orientation (Undergraduate Students)
- Preference your Commuter Assistant
- Participate in HPU Reads: Common Book Program
- Purchase Books at the HPU Bookstore (Downtown Campus or Hawai'i Loa Campus)
- Get your HPU Student ID Card (UniCard)
- Downtown Campus (1164 Bishop Street, Ste. 216)
- Hawai'i Loa Campus: Educational Technology Center (Academic Center, 3rd floor)
- Prepare for your Departure
- Additional Items
- Set up a local bank account
- Become familiar with stores, malls, and farmers markets
- Get Involved!
- Participate in Programs & Activities
- Understand Your Student Rights & Responsibilities