Step 3: Post-Registration Items
Congratulations on finalizing your semester/term class schedule. Now it is time to think about a few more items to make a smooth transition to Hawaii Pacific University.
Register for New Student Orientation (Undergraduate Students)
All undergraduate students are required to participate in the new student orientation program. For details on the orientation program schedule and registration information, click on the appropriate semester/term:
- Fall Semester: New Student Orientation Program
(New students enrolled in the summer and fall terms.)
- Spring Semester: New Student Orientation Program
(New students enrolled in the winter and spring terms.)
Preference your Commuter Assistant (CA)
CAs are experienced, diverse students that help incoming freshman, international, and transfer students. They serve as mentors and are a resource providing you with information on topics such as housing, transportation, student life, campus dining, getting involved on campus, academic opportunities and more. New students should visit the Commuter Assistant website to request a CA.
Participate in HPU Reads: Common Book Program
Incoming first-year students can receive a copy of In the Pursuit of Silence at Orientation in August. Take part in this common experience with students, faculty, and staff. Check out the HPU Reads web page for more details.
Buy your books on-line or stop by the one of the campuses (reminder: your student schedule indicates which bookstore to purchase your books--"D" for Downtown and "W" for Windward"). Do not forget to bring your class registration printout when you visit the bookstore to purchase your books. And while you are there, check out the computer and general merchandise.
Get your HPU Student ID Card (UniCard)
The HPU student photo UniCard is recognized as the student's official identification and is required for various activities, such as using the shuttle service, borrowing materials from the libraries, as well as using the University Computer Center, Educational Technology Center, Center for Academic Success (tutoring and testing) and the Sea Warrior Center or Sharky's Cove (student lounges). You may also receive reduced-rate entrance to student activities and discounts from Honolulu merchants.
Once you have registered for classes, submit your photo online and we will have your HPUID card ready when you arrive. For submission directions, visit the HPU IDCard page.
New students can also get their UniCard in person. Bring a photo identification (e.g., passport, driver's license or state identification) to the Downtown Campus (1164 Bishop Street, Suite 216) or Educational Technology Center (Hawaii`i Loa Campus, Academic Center) to get your Student ID Card (UniCard).
To avoid identity fraud, all new incoming students are required to pick up their UniCard in person. For any questions or problems, please contact us at email@example.com.
Prepare for your Departure
If you are coming from the U.S. mainland or another country, click on the sites below:
Participate in the Off-Campus Meal (OCMP) Program
The OCMP is a privately-owned and operated company which provides off-campus meal plan options at reasonable prices for college students. For more information, visit the HPU Housing web page. If you are not interested, skip this item.
Bus Pass and Parking
How will you get to class? Consider some of your options: Intercampus Shuttle, driving, or TheBus.
- Inter-Campus Shuttle Service: The University provides a shuttle service between its two major campuses, downtown campus and Hawaii Loa campus.
- Campus Parking: Before heading to the Downtown Campus or Hawaii Loa Campus get an idea of the parking options.
- Downtown Campus: A variety of downtown parking options are available through private companies. Rates change, so contact the company directly for current parking fees. Commuter Services also maintains a list of downtown parking locations.
- Hawaii Loa Campus: Purchase a daily pass or a semester parking decal.
- U-PASS - The Bus TheBus University Bus Pass Program or U-PASS is a reduced rate bus pass sticker tailored to the needs of Hawaii’s University students. All students with a validated HPU ID Card are eligible. The U-PASS is available for purchase at an HPU campus bookstore. For more information on TheBus and bus routes, visit www.thebus.org.