Step 2: Registration Items
Registering for classes can be an exciting process full of options and opportunities. Academic Advisors are available to help you. For more information, visit Academic Advising.
First-Time Freshmen Students:
- An Academic Advisor will register you for your first semester classes. This ensures you are registered for classes by your major and makes every effort to consider your academic history (i.e. SAT/ACT scores, placement exams, AP exam credit, etc.). For each semester hereafter, you will be given the tools to register on your own.
- You will be notified by email once you’ve been registered for your classes. Your schedule can be viewed through your HPU Pipeline account under My Quick Links.
- As official Advanced Placement (AP) scores, official college transcripts, and math and/or writing placement test scores are received, we encourage you to contact your Academic Advisor, so that your schedule can be adjusted accordingly.
- Beginning June 1st, you will have access to make changes to your schedule. If you have questions, please contact your Academic Advisor. Please refer to How to Search and Register for Classes, which will walk you through the process of making changes to your course schedule.
- You will be notified by email once your official transcript(s) have been evaluated. Please refer to How to Search and Register for Classes, which will walk you through the process of how to register for courses through your HPU Pipeline account.
- You may register and/or make changes to your schedule until the first day of classes. If you have questions, please contact your Academic Advisor or refer to Academic Calendar for registration deadlines as needed.
- Review the information in the New Student Academic Advising Guide
To ensure that your transition to HPU is smooth, we created this guide especially for you. The New Student’s Guide provides all the necessary information to help you prepare for your first semester and resources available to make your HPU experience a successful one.
- Refer to the Math and Writing Placement Guide regarding Placement Exams
If you do not have recent SAT or ACT scores, you are required to take a placement test to determine which math and/or writing classes you will need to take in your first semester. Students with ACT/SAT scores placing them in a non-college level math or writing course are strongly encouraged to take a placement exam. To learn more about placement testing procedures, please visit www.hpu.edu/placement or contact the Center for Academic Success by email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 544-9334.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
Academic Advisors are available to assist you with requirements for your degree programs, choosing classes and creating a course schedule. Please refer to the Academic Advising website to make an appointment. You may also contact Academic Advising by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (808) 544-1198.
- Online Information Sessions
We encourage you to join our Admission and Advising Staff for a brief on-line session that will introduce you to the basics of selecting classes through your HPU Pipeline account. There are sessions designated for both New Freshmen and Transfer students. For a complete list of dates and times of the webinars please click here.