Be My Guest
Invite your faculty member for a free lunch or coffee break!
Invite your professor for a free lunch to get to know more about them. Do they have a hobby? Why teaching? What is their favorite restaurant on Fort Street Mall? Or do they prefer the Dining Commons?
Be My Guest is intended to cultivate student-faculty interaction and extend learning outside the classroom. To participate, simply invite your professor and 1-3 classmates. Select what, when, and where. Register and enjoy!
WHO: Students enrolled in and faculty teaching lower-division courses (1000 and 2000 levels).
WHAT: Coffee or Lunch
- Hawai‘i Loa Dining Commons
- An OCMP Location
- A Downtown Starbucks
WHEN: Spring: January 21 - April 25, 2014 [Last day to register is April 21].
E-mail email@example.com from your HPU account. Include all of the following information:
- Instructor Name & HPU Email (hpu.edu emails only)
- Date of Event
- HPU Course
- Student Names & HPU Emails (my.hpu.edu emails only)
Registration requests must be received electronically more than two (2) business days before event. Incomplete or inaccurate requests will not be processed.
Information to Know
- Faculty may also invite students in their lower-division courses to participate.
- Group size is limited to five (5) members. At least one (1) faculty member and two (2) students must participate per event.
- Students must be enrolled in a lower division course taught by the faculty member during the current semester.
- The number of groups is limited each month. Please plan ahead.
- A group member is responsible for picking up vouchers from the Center for Student Life and First-Year Programs (MP 105) between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding University Holidays.
- Groups must stay within an allotted budget and provide receipts.
- No exceptions to stated procedures.
For questions or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.