Labs' Rules and Regulations
The following rules have been established to ensure the best use of the Computer Center, and the Educational Technology Center (ETC) maintain an environment of learning within each:
- A user must have a valid HPU ID to use the Computer Center or the ETC. It is a violation of the University Policy to use any one else’s ID. Any attempt to use another user’s ID intentionally or unintentionally will result in confiscation of the ID.
- An entry without an ID required an OFFICIAL printed class schedule from the Registrar’s Office and a secondary form of identification. One printed schedule per person, per entry and all collected printed schedules will not be returned to the user.
- No guests, food, drink, smoking, sleeping, talking on cellular phone or distracting conduct such as loud and boisterous talking or "socializing", are allowed.
- Children are not allowed in the Computer Center any time. However, the ETC will permit children to accompany their parent for short periods of time.
- All users are required to have footwear.
- Plugging in any electronic devices to the electrical wall outlet is strictly prohibited.
- Users are not allowed to open the printers to put in their own papers
- The service desk staff will not page or locate individuals within the Computer Center or the ETC, nor will they accept telephone calls for users. Users needing to make telephone calls must use public telephones located outside the Computer Center or in the Student Lounge at the Hawai'i Loa Campus.
- All users are expected to work independently and should not engage in group work.
- A user cannot hold or occupy a station for a friend.
- Each user is responsible for watching over his/her own personal items. The staff is not responsible for unattended items.
- Please assist the staff in maintaining the facility by leaving the computer station area clean, neat, and the chair pushed in.
- Defacing University property will result in immediate termination of user privileges.