BSN Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the HPU BSN Nursing Program the graduate will:
- Synthesize knowledge from the humanities, arts and sciences to provide competent nursing services within a multicultural society.
- Effectively utilize the nursing process to prioritize the dynamic integrations of body, mind and spirit.
- Consistently demonstrate effective, assertive and professional communication with all members of the health care team.
- Apply therapeutic communication skills to assess and facilitate patients’, families’, groups’, and communities’ understanding of their own experience.
- Integrate the caring ethic as the foundation of nursing practice.
- Provide culturally competent nursing care to promote health outcomes of diverse populations.
- Apply the research process to deliver evidence-based care.
- Utilize information systems to support nursing and deliver patient centered care.
- Collaborate in community service in response to the diverse needs of people served.
- Integrate critical thinking, diagnostic, moral and ethical reasoning to assist the patient in achieving mutually determined health outcomes.
- Integrate principles of leadership, management, and health care policies into nursing practice.
- Practice nursing care with the proficiency of a beginning generalist as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Pursue knowledge and expertise commensurate with the evolving scope of professional nursing practice.
For more information on Nursing Careers, click here.