Phone: (612) 702-9682
Jerome Heath, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Ph. D. in Communication and Information Science from the University of Hawaii at Manoa
- M.B.A. in Management Information Systems from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
- CSCI 1911 Foundations of Programming
- CSCI 3501 Computer Organization
- CSCI 3001 Assembly Language and Computer Systems Programming
- CSCI 2911 Computer Science I
- CSCI 2912 Computer Science II
- CSCI 2913 Program Problem Solving
- CSCI 2916 Computer Science I Lab
- CSCI 3211 Systems Analysis
- CSCI 3632 Internet Programming
- CSCI 3721 C#
- CSCI 3723 Visual Basic
- CSCI 4911 Software Project I
- CSCI 4921 Software Project Management
I have a strong interest in developing the methodology used in systems analysis and development. I am committed to the agile method of systems development. Agile methodologies have shown considerable success in developing useful software that satisfies the users and managers of the projects. The attitude of users and managers towards agile developed applications goes beyond satisfaction, to ownership.
I have taught Computer Science and Information Systems for 18 years. I have also developed software and maintained servers. I like to watch the Wahine play volleyball, I follow the international news, and I like Japanese cooking shows. I like the Hawaii concept of Ohana, and the attitude of mutual respect. I hope to attain and maintain those concepts in my classes.