|Office: Downtown Campus, UB 520
Phone: (808) 544-1145
Curt Powley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles.
- M.S., Computer Science, Naval Postgraduate School.
- B.S., Naval Architecture, U.S. Naval Academy
- CSCI 1041 Digital Literacy in a Global Society
- CSCI 1301 Algorithms
- CSCI 2106 Programming for Non-Programmers
- CSCI 2611 Gentle Introduction to Computer Programming
- CSCI 2913 Data Structures
- CSCI 3106 Programming Challenges
- CSCI 4911 Software Project I
Programming in STEM education; algorithms; search; artificial intelligence; software engineering.
Ocean swimming, Cycling, Dancing, Hiking.
I’ve been a researcher, software developer and project manager, teacher, and a U.S. Naval officer. I worked in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay area) at high-tech startup companies for about ten years. I worked at a leading computer science research institute at USC for about three years. I’ve been teaching at HPU for over ten years, and continue to do consulting work for high-tech startup companies. I’ve hired over ten of my students to work on cutting-edge industry projects. I also coach our HPU students to compete in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC), the premier programming contest in the world, and am proud that we have achieved four first-place wins at the Hawaii site of our region.