As the School of Social Work prepares students to become professional social workers we form partnerships with a large number of social service agencies. These agencies enter into a legal agreement with Hawaii Pacific University to provide practicum to both BSW and MSW students within specific requirements. We cannot accomplish our mission without their continuous participation, commitment and dedication to the education of future social workers.
Field Placement Information (FPI) Forms
Field Placement Information forms initiate the student-driven process of beginning practicum work. The FPI is used to generate a conversation between the student and Field Practicum Director about potential practicum sites that may fit the student's interest and experience. The form is required for placement at a practicum site.
Practicum Assignment forms are agreements that formalizes at what practicum site the student is placed and is signed by the student, BSW or MSW Practicum Coordinator, and the Agency Representative.
Learning Agreement Contracts are joint documents that are instrumental for the student and Field Instructor/Practicum Site Supervisor to develop the objectives and tasks of the practicum experience based on the School of Social Work practice behaviors. It is expected that the Learning Agreement is developed collaboratively by the student and Field Instructor/Practicum Site Supervisor and completion of the document is required for every practicum.
- SWRK 3900 Learning Agreement Contract
- SWRK 4900-4901 Learning Agreement Contract
- SWRK 6900-6901 Learning Agreement Contract
- SWRK 7900-7901 Learning Agreement Contract
- SAMPLE Learning Agreement Contract
PBPA survey forms are a way for Field Instructors/Practicum Site Supervisors and students to evaluate performance in the field based on practice behaviors. It is a requirement for Field Instructors/Practicum Site Supervisors and Students to complete the PBPA at the end of every semester.
- STUDENT SWRK 4900-4910 Competencies/Practice Behavior Practicum Assessment (secure online survey)
- STUDENT SWRK 6900-6901 Competencies/Practice Behavior Practicum Assessment (secure online survey)
- STUDENT SWRK 7900-7901 Competencies/Practice Behavior Practicum Assessment (secure online survey)
Log your field hours with the timesheet available here for printing.