U.S. Department of State's Foreign Affairs Campus Coordiantor Program
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Public Affairs is seeking applicants for the 2012-2013 Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinator Program. This program is designed to create a network of State Department student contacts on college and university campuses across the nation. By relying on students’ academic experience, interest in foreign policy and knowledge of their campus community, the Bureau of Public Affairs seeks to reach a wider cross-section of students on college campuses and surrounding institutions.
The Bureau of Public Affairs is responsible for fulfilling the Secretary's mandate to help Americans understand the importance of foreign affairs. College students are a large and important segment of that audience. The mission of the Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinator Program is to establish outreach partnerships with universities throughout the United States, to better inform college students about U.S. foreign policy priorities.
We are reaching out to faculty members at colleges and universities around the country and asking them to encourage students who would be the most ideal candidates for the program to apply. Up to two applicants per school will be selected. Attached you will find the program application and program overview which provides additional information about the Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinator Program.
With the guidance of the Bureau of Public Affairs, Campus Coordinators connect academic communities to the State Department by:
- Utilizing social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter to promote U.S. foreign policy
- Arranging video and phone conferences with Department officials
- Conducting workshops and round tables on U.S. foreign policy priorities and career development
- Serving as a campus liaison for visits by Department officials
- Partnering with university faculty and Diplomats-in-Residence to inform students about U.S. foreign policy priorities and the roles of the Department
- Organizing events centered around commemorative days in U.S. Foreign Policy, e.g. UN Day, AIDS Day
- Disseminating information on U.S. foreign policy to campus community
- Facilitating campus participation in Department programs when applicable
Students wishing to apply to participate in the Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinator Program should submit the application along with their resume to the Bureau of Public Affairs, Office of Public Liaison at email@example.com by Monday, October 8, 2012.