Jobs in the Community
Jobs in the Community Archive
Navy League/Bowfin Public Education Opportunity
This is a public education effort of the Honolulu Council of the US Navy League and the Bowfin Museum focusing on the following three themes. “Support the USS Hawaii”, “Hawaii Homeport to High Technology”, “Submarine and Navy History”. We will produce a set of educational materials, assist in a series of symposiums, and produce materials to help the USS Bowfin Museum and the Navy League fulfill the requirements of their public education grant.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP!!!
Reports to: Leon Watson/Charles Hinman
• Willingness to work with the USS Bowfin and Navy League to support and educate the public about the importance of USA Sea Services.
• Passion for military or maritime history and/or technology
• Ability to travel to Pearl Harbor or Downtown area; and attend meetings, and/or do presentations, 3-5 times a month. These will be mostly in the late P.M. or evening, and possibly on weekends. This includes attendance at key events.
• Basic computer, field, and Internet research skills
• Production skills for education materials, preparing interesting, educational and interpretation materials, and curriculum.
• Display, curriculum, and/or Multi media web page experience, able to assist and put together some combination of power-point, graphic/web page style materials, fliers, CD ROM, mini videos, blogs etc
• Preferably familiar with local schools and groups, multi cultural public relations, marketing, or public education processes.
• Navy Base access or clearance possibility
• Submarine or ship technology, construction, or repair background, or interest
• Ability to meet deadlines, design creativity, flexibility, and artistic flair.
We need to meet as a team in November-December. For product discussion and planning needs. Deadlines for the actual creation and delivery of the materials is before the next symposium in (March- May of 2008). The curriculum for the schools and Bowfin interpretation materials delivery can be earlier or later. What and when is what we will develop in the meetings.
A small stipend may be offered to cover the costs of travel and efforts.
Other benefits; free Navy League membership, USS Bowfin visitors passes, invitations to related events.
Reply to Your PostDelete Post
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY - CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT & HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE AT TRIPLER
I’d just like to let you know that the Center for Excellence in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance (COE-DMHA) at Tripler has a temporary opening for an office manager, starting at 20 hours a week with a defense contractor, CACI. It’s an ideal job for graduate student or newly-graduate student. It will also give international and civil-military exposure since it entails supporting the new COE director and staff with plans for expanding COE’s mission here and abroad.
As of now, we don’t have any guarantees that the position will become full-time (as is often the case in the world of defense contracting), although there are plans for COE to grow in the business and outreach realm. U.S. citizens or permanent residents are preferred, for administrative reasons.
CACI is looking to fill the position ASAP, so if you know of any interested students, please have prospective students contact the on-site Operations Support Manager, Gil Gajardo, at Tel: 433 1429 or or firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise, I can also be contacted for any further questions.
Propsective candidates with international relations/studies/diplomacy, military background and good organizational skills are preferred. We will also consider candidates with business backgrounds as well.
Thank you very much for your assistance and time.
Christine, Outreach / Public Affairs Officer
Center for Excellence in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance (COE-DMHA)
Tel: 808 433 1433
01/25/08 IMMEDIATE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY!! USS BOWFIN
The Naval League & USS Bowfin Museum is looking for an P/T intern to start very soon to work on a project this semester. See the POST on the group home page. It comes with a modest stipend. Details to be discussed/negotiated. Also note that I will also do my best to get academic internship credit awarded for participation in this internship. This is a good opportunity for those interested in gaining some internship experience to put on the vita.
If you are interested, contact Dr Hart.
09/19/07 USS MISSOURI MEMORIAL MUSEUM SEEKS INTERN
The Missouri Museum staff are looking for an intern with proficiency in Sharepoint and Microsoft Project for a Budget Project. If this is of interest to anyone, please contact me.