Hawai'i Pacific Review accepts submissions for poetry, short fiction, and personal essays that speak with a powerful and unique voice. It encourages experimental narrative techniques and poetic styles, and welcomes works in translation (please include both the original work and the translation into English). While it occasionally accepts work from novice writers, HPR publishes only work of the highest quality.
- Manuscripts are accepted from September 1 to December 31 only. If we receive manuscipts at other times, we will ask you to resubmit during the reading period.
- Include brief cover letter and five-line writer's biography in email.
- Send submission as Word.doc attachment to email.
- Author's name is required on all pages.
- Only one submission per issue, please.
- A prose (fiction or essay) submission is limited to 5,000 words.
- A poetry submission is limited to five poems, a maximum of 100 lines each.
- Open theme, open form.
- HPR acquires first North American serial rights. Rights revert to author upon publication.
- Payment: Two contributor's copies. Back copies are available for $5.00 postage paid.
- Authors of accepted submissions will be notified by reply email. Submittors not accepted will be contacted upon making our decision, via email.
- Replies in one to three months via email.
- No previously published work will be accepted. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please identify them in the email.
- Send submission as Word.doc attachment,brief cover letter and 5-line bio to: email@example.com
For additional information contact: Dr. Patrice M. Wilson, Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org.