Call For Papers
Hawai'i Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
Sponsored by the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, Hawai'i Pacific University
and the University of Hawai'i - West O‘ahu
Saturday, March 3, 2012
To increase student awareness of and interest in philosophy, and to encourage conversations across all Hawai‘i college campuses, students are invited to submit papers relating to any tradition, philosophical topic or period to the second state-wide philosophy conference. Papers may engage any topic in a philosophical manner. Contributions are encouraged from all academic disciplines. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present their work at the Hawai‘i Undergraduate Philosophy Conference. The top paper will be considered for publication in the Janua Sophia: Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy.
Deadline for Submissions: Monday, January 30, 2012 (midnight HST).
- Papers must include an abstract of approximately 150 words and should be suitable for a 15-20 minute presentation (approximately 8-10 pages).
- Submit the paper as an attachment to an email. Do not include identifying information on the paper; the attachment must have only the title and the text of the paper. In the body of the email, include your name, email address and college/university.
- Send the email to Hawaii.firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight HST on 1/30/12.
- Authors whose papers are accepted will be notified in approximately a week. All authors are invited to attend the conference, whether or not their paper is accepted for presentation.
- The one-day conference will be Saturday, March 3, 2012 at Hawaii Pacific University.
You do not have to be a philosophy major to submit a paper! All undergraduates currently enrolled in Hawai‘i with an interest in philosophy are encouraged to submit their work and to attend the conference. There is no fee for attending the conference but registration is required. To register, email name and university to Hawaii.email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the conference host Dr. Matthew LoPresti at Hawaii.firstname.lastname@example.org. The conference faculty co-chairs are Dr. Tamara Albertini, University of Hawai‘i, Mānoa, Dr. Matthew LoPresti, Hawai‘i Pacific University, and Dr. Lisa Rosenlee, University of Hawai‘i - West O‘ahu.HPU students or faculty with inquiries should contact Dr. LoPresti at email@example.com