BSBA in Management
This major is for the student who has a vision to lead a company, a team, a project . . . or be a viable part of a dynamic group that aims to bring a concept from dream to reality, to grow a business from an idea to a viable organization.
The coursework in the Management program focuses on all occupations and organizations. A strong business administration core is augmented by a wide variety of management electives directed toward the student's particular interests. Current issues and problems related to organizational environments and structures are introduced, with a strong emphasis on international business management. The location, function, activity and the basic forms of international business activity.
Management graduates will have a thorough understanding of the following:
- The functions of management, organizational structures and strategic options.
- The role of business in society and the need for business social responsibility.
- The importance of ethics in business and ways to incorporate ethics into business decisions.
- The process for formulating and implementing business strategy successfully.
- How human resource decisions affect relationships, attitudes and behaviors of employees and the efficiency and effectiveness of organizations.
- The interrelated forces (influences at work) for the growth of international business activity and the basic forms of international business activity.
Earlier versions of this program of study can be found in the Academic Catalogs for prior year
BSBA Management Degree Requirements