Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program Objectives
MBA Program Objectives
The mission of the MBA Program at HPU is to provide an applied business education in a multi-cultural learning environment. Our program aims to improve decision making capabilities of our students by providing a functional business foundation and enhancing their analytical, communication, and technological skills.Students who complete the Master of Business Administration will:
- Understand global and domestic economic concepts and their application to the business setting.
- Understand financial concepts and markets, the financial reporting system, and financial analysis.
- Identify customer needs and participate in the process of developing products and services to meet these needs.
- Understand production models, distribution systems, and their role in the value creation process.
- Appreciate the multicultural, political, environmental, legal, and regulatory setting of the organization.
- Possess a thorough understanding of business ethical situations, the laws regarding corporate governance, and the role of their personal integrity and values.
- Possess leadership skills, understand group and individual dynamics, and be able to work in teams.
- Appreciate the importance of ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity in the organization.
- Enhance verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Have well-developed problem solving skills including the ability to analyze uncertain situations, utilize facts and evidence in drawing conclusions, apply decision making theories, and adapt and innovate in new settings.
- Understand information technologies as they influence the structure and processes of organizations and economies, and as they influence the roles and techniques of management.
- Understand the business as an integrated system; the relations between the functional areas; and long-range planning, implementation, and control.