Associate of Science Degree in Management
Hawai‘i Pacific University offers the Associate of Science degree in Management to students enrolled through Military Campus Programs upon completion of 60 semester hours of required and elective subjects. Students may continue to take the courses required for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with no major, or with a major in Accounting, Business Economics, Computer Information Systems, Entrepreneurial Studies, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management, Marketing, Public Administration, or Travel Industry Management. In addition to offering classroom-based instruction, HPU makes the AS in Management degree program available entirely online through Military Campus Programs.
Students who earn the Associate of Science in Management will:
- Understand the functions of management and organizational structure options of a typical American business.
- Understand the ethical role of business in society and the need for social responsibility.
- Understand how human resource decisions affect relationships, attitudes and the behaviors of employees.
- Solve problems and make decisions based on research and analysis.
- Understand team building and function as contributing members of a team.
- Develop the ability to explain, understand, and criticize information and opinions.
- Begin an understanding of business processes in preparation for a BSBA in Management.