Associate in Supervisory Leadership
Hawai‘i Pacific University makes available to students enrolled through Military Campus Programs a special curriculum degree. This is the Associate in Supervisory Leadership. In addition to offering classroom-based instruction, HPU makes the Associate in Supervisory Leadership degree program available entirely online through Military Campus Programs.
Application of Army training and experience to this program is based upon the credit recommendations provided by the American Council on Education (ACE).
Students who earn the Associate in Supervisory Leadership will:
- Understand the use of motivational theories and principles in leading employees.
- Understand the principles and problems of office management.
- Understand how to conduct performance evaluations and compensation, counseling and career development, grievance, and disciplinary procedures.
- Understand the applications of psychology for use by supervisors and the responsibilities of the supervisor as a leader.
- Understand how human resource decisions affect relationships, attitudes, and the behaviors of employees.
- Solve problems and make decisions based on research and analysis.
- Understand team building, and function as contributing members of teams.
- Be able to explain, understand, and criticize information and opinions.