Associate of Science Degree in Finance
Hawai‘i Pacific University offers the Associate of Science degree in Finance to students enrolled through Military Campus Programs upon completion of 60 semester hours of required and elective subjects. The AS in Finance leads directly into the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Finance. In addition to offering classroom-based instruction, HPU makes the AS in Finance degree program available entirely online through Military Campus Programs.
Students who earn the Associate of Science in Finance will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in areas such as time value of money, financial ratio analysis, risk and return analysis, financial management, valuation, financial markets and institutions, investing, and capital budgeting.
- Demonstrate communication skills through the presentation of case studies and individual projects.
- Demonstrate written communication skills through executive summaries, case analyses, and individual projects.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking skills used in problem solving and financial decision-making.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills needed to work in groups.
- Demonstrate financial calculator and computer skills including familiarity with commonly used business software packages such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Apply ethical standards to everyday financial situations.
- Apply the theory, concepts, and procedures of personal financial planning.